Tuesday, November 17, 2015

if only every day could begin in the bath tub

Dear Sophie,
You didn't want to get up this morning.  It was 7:50 and you just sat at the kitchen counter pouting that the day had already begun.  Nothing sounded good to eat.  The idea of getting dressed for the day felt overwhelming.  You would NOT get moving.  I suggested a bath even though you had to be at the bus stop in 40 minutes.  You walked down the hall slowly.  I walked that direction 15 minutes later.  The shower curtain was drawn and you were in a world all your own.  I reluctantly interrupted, so that you would have a fighting chance to make it to school on time.  Your attitude was all new.  Although I was showered and dressed for the day I was tempted to jump in right after you...
If only every  day could begin in the bathtub.


No comments:

Post a Comment