Tuesday, February 6, 2018

AUTHENTICITY

ISO 320 135MM f8  1/1600
(why was my ISO @320 when my shutter was 1/1600!?)

“...the older I get, the less impressed I become with originality.  These days, I’m far more moved by authenticity.  Attempts at originality can often feel forced...but authenticticity has quiet resonance that never fails to stir me” -Elizabeth Gilbert in BIG MAGIC

These words seemed to jump off the page as I read them in the bleachers at Sophie’s swim practice yesterday. My mother-in-law has to be one of the most authentic people I know. She lives true to herself and will take my girls to the park with all four of them in pjs...in the middle of the day...just to make them happy...which makes her happy. ❤️ 

(This photo was taken in Hawaii just after she jumped into the water off a cliff)

No comments:

Post a Comment