Sunday, December 13, 2015

75th birthday


Aunt Jossy was visiting this fall.  I saw her for a few hours at most at Mom's house.  As we were saying our goodbyes, the subject of Thanksgiving came up.  I realized that Aunt Jossy was turning 75 on the Monday before Thanksgiving!  We talked about the reunion/party she threw for Aunt Dot for her 75th.  I also learned she had no plans for her birthday or Thanksgiving.  I decided there on the spot that we would spend that week in Arizona with her.  Fortunately Danny and the girls liked the idea!  (phew!)

Aunt Jossy's home, in the outskirts of Scottsdale is a lovely backdrop for anything, but especially a party.  We added a little bit to the natural decor with balloons, streamers and tablecloths.  A few minutes before guests arrived I talked her into taking a few pictures.


Growing up, Aunt Jossy didn't usually live close, but she always remembered special occasions like birthdays and Christmas.  She often visited wherever we were living: AZ, ID, CA.  It felt good to spend the time celebrating her.  I am so grateful to have her influence in my life.












No comments:

Post a Comment